Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Hooray for Spring Cleaning!

Next week is Spring cleaning for me. Each March I schedule time off from work to play "catchup" with my household chores. I treasure this week. I think everyone should make time for Spring cleaning!

Ahem. Do I detect raised eyebrows? I'll explain.

This week is cathartic for me, a time to shake the dusty hand of Winter off my shoulder and grab the young hand of Spring for a game of crack the whip. It's a time of activity that reaches into all aspects of my life. Spring cleaning makes room for fresh ideas and welcomes good chi.

I make THE LIST. Oh no! Expectations! I have to check everything off to succeed! I'll never accomplish this.

Back the truck up, Jack!

My list is about focus. I treat it like a treasure map so that I don't lose my way during this precious time I've set aside. Each item on the list is a jewel I can choose to select or not, at my whim. The list has tasks for every aspect of my life: physical, spiritual, mental and emotional. Many of the tasks address more than one facet. Sweeping the floor can be just as spiritual as refreshing my alter. Dancing with a friend can serve both emotional and physical selves.

At the end of this special week, I'll conclude with a house blessing ritual. I'd like to share that with you next time, just in case you'd like to join me. For now...

Giver of life and joy, thank you for this sacred time. As I renew myself, so do I renew my faith in you. Guide my hand as I make my house a home and rediscover my passion for being on this earth, in this place and time. Thank you for all my senses, so that I may appreciate this life fully.

Majeeda Rosa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think - please comment.