Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Be Radiant

How many times have a said I’ll do something then….(fizzle snap)

Distractals and sparklies abide everywhere: Facebook, Pinterest, TV, magazines, snacking, housework, playing with the beasties…so many things to do instead of self-analysis.  Why is it tough to look inside?

As mentioned in my last post, I’m exploring my values – unearthing the unconscious ones and examining if I’m in alignment with the ones I THINK I live by.  Right now, I’m examining why I’m avoiding examining! 

Do I value introspection? Emphatically, yes!  It fits with my values of open-mindedness and balance, as well as a part of what feeds my spirit.  It's about examining my beliefs, my thoughts, my motives, learning why I feel and act the way I do.  How else can I discover my purpose in life as well as my programming?  One by one I peel away each layer of belief that really isn't mine.  I might have borrowed it to fill a gap or simply accepted it through trust, peer pressure or just plain laziness.  Those ideas garnered from family, friends, teachers and TV that I’ve blindly accepted – for good or bad – how do they serve me?  How do they harm me?

There is no truth, folks, only perception.  So if all of this navel-gazing contemplation is so valuable, why am I avoiding it? 

Because whether you deal with it or live with it, your perception is altered.  You have to ask yourself if you’re living/acting/breathing your core values.  If you’re not living your core values, your energy is leaking.  If you ARE…then you’re radiant. 

So where to start?  Navel gazing is best done in small doses.  Instead of shutting down on introspection overload, here's how I handle it:
·        Focus on one thing and follow it.  Jot down digressions for another time.
·        Live with the new knowledge for a few weeks…or more.  Roll it around, see what it feels like.
·        Finally, change…or don’t, but either way follow the energy.

Now go be radiant.

Majeeda Rosa
Just be

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think - please comment.