Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Perfect Day

Sometimes I go through life too fast. I feel like I’m running on a hamster wheel, going through the motions of life. I’m programmed to get up at a certain time, go to work on certain days, have certain expectations of what my goals should be...

Oh boy. There’s that word – SHOULD

Have you ever noticed that when you capitalize it, SHOULD looks like SHROUD?

I have to be careful of SHOULDs. It’s not that SHOULDs are bad, only that I need them in the right balance. Yes I SHOULD go to work…because I not only need the money, I also enjoy many aspects of my career. I SHOULD exercise…because if I’m not healthy and fit I won’t live the life I want to experience.

The real question is: How many times do I think I should do or think [fill in the blank] and it takes a bite out of my personal power instead of enriching it? Life may be speeding by in a grey blur because my SHOULDs are mistaken for WANTS, and my NEEDs are mistaken for SHOULDs. It’s a topsy-turvy world I live in.

Time to get my head on straight.  What would a perfect day look like, one that honors my soul?

Holy Sophia, fill me with wisdom, help me define the actions and thoughts that feed my soul. Let me bring them to light, recognize them and live them. Enable me to discern between true needs and distractions, passion versus fancy. Empower me in every sense to manifest the gifts you’ve so graciously provided. Thank you.

Majeeda Rosa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think - please comment.